Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Week That Was

It has been quite a busy week/weekend around these parts, so I figured it was time for a little life update!


Last Monday, my husband and I finally closed on our home, and I'm so happy that it is now OURS all OURS, it is absolutely perfect for us. Every time we go over to the house, we are just filled with so much joy that it is now owned by us. We can't wait till we can get all the way moved in. Alas, we are still at the apartment, buying our time till move in day. 


Last week was the last week of our summer camp at work. It was rewarding but so much work!! I'm glad for it to be over. We had a great last week though. Graduation Day! Chuck E' Cheese Day! Splash Pad Day! We also had the children reflect on what they learned from summer camp, I loved this response we got. Also isn't that top photo cute? That was the teens we hired to help this summer, taking selfies with my phone when I was out of the room,  I just discovered them today. It cracked me up.


Saturday morning, we got up super early and headed over to the house to paint the guest room. Two of the bedrooms in our new home were children's bedrooms, and they were very brightly colored. So I wanted to switch them up. Neither Adam nor I have ever painted before, so we were somewhat nervous. But I love how it turned out! I decided to go with a darker, less shiny blue. I can't wait to get it fully decorated in my nautical theme! Jana keeps telling me this is her bedroom!  So I told her she will have to make a sign for the room that says, "Jana's Room: Keep Out!" Just as we would have done when we were children.

Saturday night, Adam and I went to my 10 year class reunion. Holy Cow! It has been 10 years. Like what? How has it been 10 years? Our reunion was at the Space & Rocket Center, which was such a cool location. I was nervous having not seen these people for so long, but it was so nice to see everyone. Especially some of my best friends from that time, it was just like old times. And everyone was so nice about my weight loss! I'm proud to be a graduate of Athens High School Class of 2004!


I woke up Sunday morning, and I did a run on the treadmill because it was HOT, HOT, HOT outside. I did 2 miles at a 4.0 mile pace, getting up to 4.2 eventually. I love that I'm speeding up on the treadmill now. It makes me hopeful I can get my pace way up for Disney.  I feel like I have been playing it really careful with my injury, but I have had no extra pain lately, so I'm ready to start amping it back up. I want to be back up to 3 miles by this weekend. Next week, I'm going on a family beach trip, so I'm hoping to get in some pretty beach runs. 

Also, I spent a few hours at the waterpark today. Soaking up some Vitamin D and floating in the lazy river. It was so fun, and it was a perfect ending to this wonderful week. I even got up some courage to go down the big water slide (yeap, that is me gliding on the water), now that was one wild ride.

Have a great week chickadees,
Brittany



Click here! to follow us on bloglovin & keep up with all our posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment