Saturday, July 19, 2014

The (Almost) Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Run

Today, I woke up pretty amped and ready for my Saturday run. Historically, Saturday runs are almost, always my best runs. I guess it is because I'm well rested. I usually don't set an alarm clock, but I still manage to wake up pretty early (8:30), when usually I get up at 6.  

I have a slow, Saturday morning routine. I browse the internet, skimming my favorite blogs, and favorite sites in complete quiet. No TV, no music, and no husband playing video games in the background with the OH MY GOSH most repetitive, annoying music ever. Anyone else have that problem?

I then lace up my shoes, and I decide where I want to run. I usually try to get outside on these mornings to vary things up. It has been cool all week, and it was raining all yesterday. But it was clear when I woke up, and my weather app pegged it in the 70's which seemed perfect. When will I learn to step outside instead of checking my app? Because it was perfect, perfectly MUGGY.

I got to the local trail, and I started running. But for some reason, I felt so stiff, and I was so not feeling it. Occasionally, I have those days. I took a break after .2 miles and I tried to get going again, but I just wasn't in the right mind set. So I turned around to do the walk of shame back to the car. I was feeling a little down on myself on that walk back. Sometimes I get so impatient, and I'm so ready just to be that 10 minute a mile runner who can easily go 26.2 miles.  Just forgetting that two months ago, I couldn't run one mile and now I am able to run 4!

But I had the idea, that I would give it a go on the treadmill when I got home. So when I got home, I didn't even think twice and jumped on the treadmill. It felt less hard, but I still wasn't in the proper mindset. However, I did manage go the fastest I have ever gone on the treadmill (4.1 miles an hour). I just did a mile. Which isn't much, but at least I didn't give up on the run. That is the most important thing.

So in total, I ran .2 miles on the trail, walked .2 miles to the car, and I  ran 1 mile on the treadmill.

I know I'm getting there and one run where I don't meet my goal (2 miles in this case) does not mean I won't ever reach my ultimate goal. I have to just keep putting myself out there.

After all, 
Tomorrow is Another Run,
Brittany

Click here! to follow us on bloglovin & keep up with all our posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment