Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Fab 4th of July & A Personal Record

This morning when I woke up, the weather was fabulous! It wasn't very hot, there was low humidity, and there was even a breeze. So I knew I had to do a run outside. I chose to go to a local trail here in my hometown. I love this trail! It is is about 2.5 miles round trip, shaded, and runs by a creek.

When I started this run, I assumed I would be pretty slow. I would not say the trail is very hilly, but it does have some short but steep inclines that make me have to push it, and those hills can really slow me down. So imagine my surprise when I did my first mile in 14:42! That is my fastest mile ever! I couldn't believe it! Only one of my miles was over 15 minutes. When I usually can only manage a 16 minute mile. I'm finally starting to get a little faster! I plan on upping my mileage to 5 next week.  And I have a 10k next weekend! Wouldn't it be amazing if I could run it all? Although I'm not putting pressure on myself, just want to do what I can.

After my run, I was sitting on a bench resting, and I looked down at my pants and saw this caterpillar crawling on me. I may or may not have flipped out! I hate bugs!

In the afternoon, I threw on my swimsuit and some sunscreen and headed down to a local water park, Point Mallard. The cool thing about Point Mallard is that it has America's First Wave Pool. But I love going for the lazy river. While I was floating on the river, I ran into two of my coworkers and we hung out for a while. 

I went home and took a nap. When I woke up, Adam and I were able to watch the town firework's show from the comfort of our bedroom. Now I'm sitting here watching old episodes of Gilmore Girls and writing this little post. Just so thrilled to have the whole weekend still ahead of us.

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment