Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekend Review :)

Good Morning Bloggers! This is Jana Here!


This morning I was feeling a little nostalgic as I got to thinking that it has been almost 2 years since I started this running journey. This was taken after Brit and my very first 5K! (We had gone to the hotel and showered prior to this picture.) I see so many changes between the girls in this picture and the girls I see now! It's amazing how over time you change.

This weekend was not spent idle. I dealt with a severe situation regarding a very close friend of mine on Friday night. (Think intervention) I was with him until 4:30AM on Saturday morning trying to get everything sorted out and calmed down. For the record, everything is okay and a lot of changes will be coming for him very soon.

I was supposed to head to Alabama with Austin for some weekend fun when he got off work Friday night, but given the circumstances (and the fact that I didn't get home until 5AM) we decided to sleep until 8 and then get on the road. The trip to Alabama was hard because we were both exhausted. I was mentally exhausted and physically tired from the night before. He was tired from working a double shift so we could go out of town. We alternated driving the 4hrs and by the time we reached my parents house, we were done for. We both took showers and crawled into the bed and slept until around 6:30 or so. Mom and Dad let us sleep and bought pizza for us to eat for dinner. We enjoyed some much needed family time with them over the course of the evening and were back in bed by midnight.

We got up around 8 Sunday morning to get ready to head to Chickasabogue Park in Mobile, AL. It's a lovely little park where you can canoe, swim, play volleyball, ladder ball, and corn hole. We were there to have our annual summer picnic with our Mardi Gras organization the Marquis De Layfeyette. (For all of those who know me, you know that Mardi Gras is my obsession and I spend countless months in preparation for a weekend of fun per year.) It was a beautiful day and Austin and I bought in to the ladder ball and corn hole tournaments. We came in 4th in the ladder ball and 3rd in the corn hole tournament. Not too bad if I say so myself. Needless to say, we were active and burned off some of the calories from the delicious BBQ we ate with our Marquis family. Once we finished, we loaded up and headed back to good ole Mississippi.

This morning, I had a miscommunication with a friend who wanted to meet at 8AM to go for a "wog" and I showed up on time only to see her not there. Now bear in mind that I have developed what I like to call "Summer Insomnia" where my body gets confused because I'm not on a normal schedule, so I didn't get to sleep until after 3am. So needless to say, I text her to see where she was only to find that she actually said she wanted to go TUESDAY! Today is Monday...surprise surprise. However the day wasn't a complete wash. I was already at the track so I completed 1.64 miles. I would have done more, but the rain started AGAIN so I had to cut it short. The point was I got out there and did something which is better than nothing.

I plan on spending the remainder of my day spring cleaning my house. I have been putting it off and I know if I don't start soon, it will never get done.

Here's to another great day and another great week!
Cheers!
Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment