Monday, June 30, 2014

5 miler Repeat

I just realized it has been over a week since my last post and I swore to Brittany that I was going to update weekly about my progress. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my day to day that I don't even have time to get on the computer to update. (I ALWAYS have my phone but hate typing on it) So here I am, to issue an apology to Brittany and our readers and to update everyone on what's been happening. :)

Last week I got to go visit my family in Alabama. Our church does VBS every summer and I was so happy that I was off and able to participate. Sometimes I really miss being at home and so those little trips are meaning more and more each time I go.

 I was in charge of games and face painting. To say I had a blast was an understatement. My "adopted" brother Brody was there and he let me paint him a full beard, which was hysterical in my opinion. I painted mustaches, hearts, crosses, and more Auburn logos than I can even remember. (WAR EAGLE!!!!) ;)

Brody with his "stache"

Last week started my week of 5 milers and on Monday I hit the treadmill and completed them. I hate the treadmill more than anything, so it took me an hour and a half to finish. While it wasn't ideal, I was proud of myself for pushing and getting done. My knees were killing me when I finished so I iced them and relaxed a little bit. Due to the soreness, I was unable to get anymore mileage in last week. With that being said, I'm going to redo my week of 5 milers so that I'll be able to complete them in entirety. (And outside at the track)

While I was home, I got the opportunity to have a beach day with my sister, Chelsea, and my best friend Chandra. When we get together, the silliness that ensues is unbelievable. We were able to enjoy a good visit, a subway sandwich, and some sand, sun, and surf. :)

Girl's Day Silliness

Once I got back from Alabama, I helped by taking part in a friend of mine's wedding. I was one of her program attendants and my job was to hand out programs and have people sign the guest book. I took my duties seriously and at 5pm on the nose, took my seat among the rest of the wedding guests. The wedding was beautiful and the Tiffany Blue and Coral theme was breathtaking. I was so happy I was able to be a part of her big day. 

The Bride and her coworkers

Now to the current week now that we are all caught up. :) 

Today I had the pleasure of meeting one of my new team members for next year. She is very sweet and I'm looking forward to working with her. We had a "working" lunch with my other team member, Charla. We are gearing up for a GREAT school year.

 I also got to tell my parents goodbye as they headed to their trip to Memphis for the next few days. They stayed at my house last night so that they didn't have to drive so far. Even though it was a quick overnight trip, it still meant a lot to me to get to see them. Even though I only live 4hrs from home, sometimes it seems like a lot further.

To end my day I paid some bills, worked on some school stuff, and am now debating on if I want to start tackling my "teacher storage room" or wait until tomorrow. Pretty sure I'm going to at least start tonight, but we will see. 5 miles is scheduled for the AM as well.

I hope everyone has a good week and look for some more updates soon! :)

Happy Monday,
Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment