Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Week of 3 Miles...

The last few days all it has done is rain. After feeling water logged on Monday and Tuesday, the sun FINALLY came out and stayed out today so I took the opportunity to get in Day 1 of my 3 day 3 mile week.

For those of you have been wondering how Brittany and I are training for this half, we are doing weekly mileage increases. What that means is that each week we add 1 mile to each workout.

EX: Week 1- Walk 1 mile 3 days a week
       Week 2- Walk 2 miles 3 days a week
       Week 3- Walk 3 miles 3 days a week
and so on and so on...

The reason we are doing it this way is so that we don't overwhelm our bodies. Our goal is to eventually work our way up to 13.1 miles, a half marathon distance, and once we do that we can work on speed and go back to shorter miles and alternate long and short. :) I'm currently sticking between a 14-16 minute mile. (Depending on how much I jog) I want to get down to a 12 minute mile prior to Disney so that I have time to stop for the photo opportunities along the route.


The place that I run is a walking/running trail in the town I recently moved to. I love it because it is right by the hospital so if I fall out, there is immediate help. (Just kidding) It is by the hospital, but I actually love it because you see people of all body compositions there. There are thin, fat, fit, and unfit. And just the fact that everybody is so nice! There are people along that course that are so encouraging. They give you a thumbs up or a smile and just when you feel like you are going to give up and stop, they holler to "Keep Going! You got this!" There are also workout areas along the course so you can get in strength training as you run. It's your one stop gym and the best part is that it is FREE! :)

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get in another 3 miles and then Friday I'll be running my 3 miles with Brittany! We are doing our very first glow in the dark foam run! Our team name is "ET Foam Home" and I am so excited! :) It's in Memphis so we are meeting up and we have plans to do a few more fun things while we are there! Anytime we get together is fun so even if we just went to do the race and came home it would well be worth it.

I'm looking forward to a great weekend and an even better end to the week! I hope everyone has a great day and I'll talk to you soon!

Until later,
Jana


No comments:

Post a Comment