Monday, June 2, 2014

2 Miler? Check.


Brittany here!

I am happy to report I was able to jog 2 miles today on the treadmill after work with no breaks. I'm super proud of myself for having the energy to do so, because I just started this summer camp we run at work,  which is where we take 50 of our kids (with emotional problems), and we do a treatment program. It is exhausting, but it is rewarding as well.

I decided to do the run on the treadmill because it was pretty hot outside. I knew if I was on the treadmill at home, I could watch TV, and jack up the A.C. So I turned on my DVR, started one of my favorite summer shows (The Next Food Network Star), and did a 4 minute warm-up walk.  Then, I was off!

I set the pace at 3.5 and didn't budge from it. Every couple of minutes I would do the talk test. That is where I say a complete sentence usually, "I can still talk in complete sentences." If I can say that without gasping for air, I keep going. I kept going till I got to the 2 mile mark.

It took me 34 minutes (a 17 minute mile). That is still slower than where I need to be for Disney by a minute, but once I'm stronger, I will up the pace.

Today I'm just happy with what I have accomplished. I'm sure I will have bad runs in the future, but I know I am so much stronger than I give myself credit for.

See you after the next run,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment