Sunday, December 28, 2014

Run, Interruppted

Yesterday, when I woke up, I was so ready to go out and conquer that 9.5 training run on my schedule! I was nervous but pumped. When I opened the front door, I saw it was pouring!!! How disappointing. I could not bring myself to do that run on the treadmill (knowing I would have to be on there for 2 plus hours). So instead my husband and I ran some errands in town, and I resolved to try again that evening.

I went out about 7:30, and it seemed very clear (hadn't rained in an hour). I was having an excellent run (mostly sub 13 minute miles). And even though I was overwhelmed by the distance I had to go, my legs felt good, and I felt confident. About mile 3.5 it started to slowly sprinkle and I thought, "oh no." But I was determined to finish. But right when I hit mile 5, the deluge hit. It was way to cold out to run in that rain and wind (didn't want to catch a cold). So I had to call my husband to pick me up.

It rained all night, and I woke up sore this morning, and I did not want to risk overdoing it. So I'm going to try again either Thursday or Saturday.

Stupid weather. That is all I have to say.

Brittany

Click here! to follow us on bloglovin & keep up with all our posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment