Saturday, December 13, 2014

7 Miler Comeback...

It's been a while, but we are BACK! :) Forgive B and I for our non posting the last few weeks. The holidays got the best of us. However, we are still running so no worries! :)

Three weeks ago we ran in a 10K in Franklin, TN. The goal was to get a really good time so that we could move up in the Disney corral and sadly for me, my shoe completely blew out at mile 4. When I say "blew out" I mean that I had a huge hole in the bottom of my shoe. I pretty much finished the last 2 miles of the race with my sock and the ground. I ended up getting a giant blister, which was very painful and made for a not so fun walk looking at Christmas lights. However, I still beat my first 10K time I ever had, so I guess it wasn't that bad. :)

B and I FREEZING our butts off! It was 23 degrees at the beginning of the race. It was only 35 by the time we finished!
 
Oh, you know...just chilling with our bestie. ;)
 
Trying to enjoy looking at the lights even though I was in a lot of pain.
 
A week went by and then it was time in our training to do our 7 mile run, which is the furthest that I have ever done before. I was feeling pretty discouraged because I had finished my 10k in 1:43:08 and that was not good enough to move up in the corral. To add insult to injury, I had almost been swept from the course, but thankfully made it to the 5 mile marker so they allowed me to finish. So needless to say, I was really feeling overwhelmed about trying to get in 7 miles and it not taking forever.
 
I was at my parents visiting for Thanksgiving so I laced up my shoes and headed out to the track across the street from their house. Each lap is a half mile, so I knew I had to do 14 laps to get in my mileage. I put on my headphones, turned on my Nike Run app, and started out. I realized pretty quickly that for some reason I had almost finished a full mile and it didn't seem like it had taken that long. When my app updated me on my distance I cheered loudly! I was super proud! I had beaten my fastest mile EVER!
 
After knowing I had a sub 13 mile, I kept pushing myself. When I hit 3.12 miles, I got the next major update that I had beaten my fastest 5K time. I was so excited! I was not quiet halfway there, but I knew I was getting closer.
When I FINALLY hit my 10K goal, I got the shock of my life! I had beaten my time of my previous 10K just two weeks before by 20 minutes! Why couldn't I have had that time when it mattered? Ugh! LOL! (B's time was 1:24:00. We could have finished pretty close together!)


When I finished my 7 miles I was so overwhelmed. It was officially the furthest I had ever run.

Knowing that I am now able to do over half of my half marathon distance is so awesome! I cannot wait until I crush my 8 mile run this weekend! And I know I can do it because I've got the drive and the want and a friend who won't let me fail!

Get out there and run, run, run... In the words of Peter Pan..."You can fly, you can fly, you can fly"

Always,
Jana

Click here! to follow us on bloglovin & keep up with all our posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment