Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Preparing for Documenting our Disney Trip

I am a big memory keeper, and this year I'm doing project life. (You can read about that here if you don't know what that is). But I'm planning to do a whole separate album to document our trip, and I have big plans for it. I decided to make a page about the decision of why we are going to Disney (The half marathon). You should be able to click the images to enlarge them a bit.


For this page, I mainly used the Princess themed cards from Becky Higgins Official Project Life products. I really liked using the once upon a time prompt to share a small bit of Jana and I's running journey (I wrote about it as you would tell a fairytale story). I also included our picture from out first ever completed race (Can't wait for our next after race shot after the half)! I snagged the Princess Half Marathon Medal Pictures and Logo from doing a google search. Lastly, I took a screen shot of my confirmation e-mail I received after signing up for the race!


Before I even share anything about my planning page that I made for the album (which is my favorite by the way), I will point out that I am aware I spelled "recieve" wrong, I know it is receive. And as soon as I popped the card in the album, I became acutely aware of this mistake! But photoshop does not have spell check, and spelling was never my strongest subject. But since I'm am embracing imperfection this year, I am just leaving it for now. Unless it really starts to bug me, and I have to reprint it, but I'd rather not pay for the print 2x, even if it crazy cheap.

I wanted to document the planning process because I really believe what the quote says on this scrapbook page, "A huge part of the fun is anticipating the trip!"  And Jana and I should know because we text about the trip and what we want to do nearly everyday!

For this page, I used the super cute Project Mouse Planning Kit. I plan on using so many of her kits for scrapbooking my whole Disney album. I included a list of our dining reservations, to-do list, and our general schedule. I also liked the "step 1 booked" card, as it allowed me to document when we actually booked our trip! Can't believe that was back in August!

And this is the album I am using for all my Disney scrap booking. Adam (my husband) got me this gift for Christmas, it is an album that is just like the one Carl and Ellie had in the movie Up! How perfect is that?

Adventure is Out there,
Brittany

Click here! to follow us on bloglovin & keep up with all our posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment